Some of ideas below will save you loads (like clearing your debts) and others not quite so much – but over time the little things add up too so why not see how many of our money saving tips you can try out this week? Let us know how you get on!
Money Saving Ideas:
- Reduce your fuel bills – double and triple glazed windows and skylights will keep the heat in and your bills low – find out more
- Turn off the television and learn something new
- Make your own gifts at Xmas and birthdays
- Write a shopping list before you go out – and stick to it.
- Invite friends over instead of going out.
- Consider a pay-as-you go mobile contract or a negotiate better terms with your provider
- Turn off the lights and any other electrical items you’re not using – more tips here
- Sell your unwanted things on eBay
- Go to auctions and grab a bargain!
- Rent out unused space in your home – use Air BNB
- Cook your own meals instead of takeaways and ready meals
- Buy fresh food in bulk or in the sale then freeze it
- Clear your credit card debt – organise your finances
- Choose cheaper home insurance – click here to compare
- Buy own-brand goods – shop around at budget supermarkets for the latest deals
- Walk/cycle to the station/work or use public transport instead of driving everywhere
- Cancel your gym membership and any other monthly direct debits you don’t use
- Buy clothes and presents in the sales